We’re working to find ways to support family life for children with disabilities who would otherwise grow up in facilities. We want all children to grow up in a safe, loving, and nurturing family with whatever support is needed for families and children to thrive.
- We help families explore family options to facility care for their children with disabilities
- To live at home, or
- To live with a Support Family if they can’t live at home.
- We lead permanency planning for children living in Texas nursing facilities.
- We recruit and prepare Support Families for children who cannot live at home.
- We assist service provider organizations to increase their capacity to provide family-based options.
- We provide training and technical assistance to family groups and community organizations on family supports for children with disabilities.
- We develop educational materials and tools on family-based alternatives to institutional care.
- We work with state policy-makers and decision-makers to remove barriers and build better support for families.