Being a Support Family for a child or young adult with a disability is rewarding in so many ways! By providing a loving, stable home, you can change a young life forever. EveryChild is seeking Support Families for children and young adults with disabilities (birth to 22) who are currently living in nursing facilities and other residential facilities.
A Support Family is a family who has been recruited, carefully selected, well-prepared, and paid to provide full or part-time care for a child with a disability.
- Enjoy parenting
- Want a long-term relationship
- May have disability or fostering experience
- Believe in their own strengths and abilities
- Desire to help a child in need
- Have a strong sense of commitment
- Are chosen by a child’s family
- Are open to the possibility of sharing care of the child with the child’s family
For more information on becoming a Support Family contact us or complete the following form and an EveryChild Family Resource Coordinator will contact you.